Name: Dr. Manita Sunam Godar
Date of birth: 1985/03/28 A.D
Marital status: Married
NMC No.: 8305
Institutional Address: Lumbini Eye Institute, Shree Rana Ambika Shaha Eye Hospital
Permanent address: Bhalwari, Tilotama-7, Rupandehi, Nepal.
MD Ophthalmology: 2014 A.D, Institute of medicine, TUTH, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Internship: 2009 A.D, National Medical College, Birgung, Nepal
MBBS: 2008 A.D, National Medical College, Birgung, Nepal
Languages: Nepali, English, Hindi, Bhojpuri
Aug 17th 2018 till date: Ophthalmologist, Lumbini Eye Institute, Shree Rana Ambika Shah Eye Hospital, Siddharthanagar-3, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi, Nepal.
Aug 17th 2017 – Aug 16th 2018: Ophthalmologist and Medical Director, Lumbini Eye Institute, Dr Binod Neeta Kandel Eye Hospital, Parasi, Nawalparasi, Nepal.
Aug 1st 2014 – Aug 16th 2017: Ophthalmologist, Lumbini Eye Institute, Shree Rana Ambika Shah Eye Hospital, Siddharthanagar-3, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi, Nepal.
June 24th 2010- March 2nd 2011: Medical Officer, Mid-Western Regional Hospital, Surkhet, Nepal.
March 22nd 2009- June 23rd 2010: Medical officer, P.B District Hospital, Taulihawa, Kapilvastu, Nepal.
Skill in ophthalmic surgeries and procedures
- Small Incision Cataract surgery
- Complicated cataract surgery
- Pterygium excision and autograft
- open globe injury repair
- Intravitreal injection of Avastin/ triamcinolone
- vitreous and AC tap and intraviteal antibiotics
- Panretinal Photocoagulation,Grid laser, Barrage laser
- Laser peripheral iridectomy
- ND-YAG laser capsulotomy
- Lid repair
Training/Conferences/ Workshop/CME attended
- XXI NOSCON AND 2ND WESROPHCON 27-28 September 2019
- Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh Central Level Meeting : 30th-31st July 2018, Kathmandu, Nepal
- XIVth Biennial SAARC Academy of Ophthalmology Conference: 21st-24th June 2018, Kathmandu , Nepal
- Manuscript Writing Workshop for Authors : 20th June 2018, Nepaleses Army Institute ofv Health Sciences, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Annual planning meeting LEI and its network:6th-8th June 2018 , Pyuthan, Nepal
- National Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Conference: 26th May,2018, Lumbini Eye Institute, Shree Rana Ambika Shah Eye Hospital, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi ,Nepal
- CME on Updates in Retina: 31st March, 2018, Lumbini Eye Institute, Shree Rana Ambika Shah Eye Hospital, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi ,Nepal.
- National Workshop on Monitoring Eye Care Services organized by Apex Body for Eye Health, Ministry of Health: March 9th& 10th 2018, Lalitpur, Nepal.
- Mid term evaluation meeting LEI and its network: 4th – 5th Jan 2018, Gulmi, Nepal
- AIOS 74th conference: 25th Feb 2016 -28th Feb 2016 Kolkata, India.
- Leadership Development Programme on Enhancing Management Skills for Practising Eye Specialist: 24th Feb 2016, Kolkata
- Paper presentation in First Western Regional Ophthalmic Conference: 23rd May 2015, Lumbini Eye Institute, Shree Rana Ambika Shah Eye Hospital, Rupandehi, Nepal.
- Digital Savvy Medic One day workshop: 21st March 2015, Lumbini Eye Institute, Shree Rana Ambika Shah Eye Hospital, Rupandehi, Nepal.
- 2nd National Uveitis Conference organized by Tilganga institute of ophthalmology and Nepal ophthalmic society: 26-27 July 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 8th Eastern regional ophthalmological conference: 20-221st April 2013, BPKHIS, Dharan, Nepal.
- National Retina and Glaucoma Conference organized by Tilganga institute of ophthalmology and Nepal ophthalmic society: 21-22 Dec 2012, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Leprosy training for medical doctors: 18-22 April 2010, BIKASH Nepal, Pokhara, Nepal
- DOTS Orientation for Medical Doctors: 3-5 Jan 2010, National Tuberculosis Centre, Thimi, Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- STI Syndromic Case Management Training: 9-12 Aug 2009, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Correlation of Peripapillary Retinal Nerve Fibre Layer Thickness and Visual Evoked Potential in Optic Neuritis in a Tertiary Eye Care Centre,Nepal J Ophthalmol 2018; Vol 10 (20): 156-161.
- Ectopic Eyelid Cilia in a 15 years old Girl: A Rare Presentation.Journal of Lumbini Medical College. 2018;6(2):2 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22502/jlmc.v6i2.166 Epub:2018 October 26.
- Demographic pattern and clinical characteristics of optic neuritis in a tertiary eye care centre. Nepal J Ophthalmol 2017; 9(17):51-55.DOI: 3126/nepjoph.v9i1.1753
- Lens induced glaucoma in a tertiary eye care centre in Western Nepal. Nepal J Ophthalmol 2019; Vol 11 (22): 145-151.
- Clinico-Pathological Study of Ocular Surface Squamous Neoplasia in a Tertiary Care Centre of Western Region of Nepal.Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences,June 2019;7(1):9-13.DOI:3126/jucms.v7i1.24677
- Prevalence of pterygium and outcome of pterygium surgery in hilly western Nepal. Journal of Lumbini Medical College, June2017; 5(1):5.DOI: 22502/jlmc.v5i1.120
Chiranjibi Jyanmaya Karmacharya Gold Medal in MD Ophthalmology 2071B.S