Cornea department in LEI was established in 2003 AD. This unit is treating patients from various parts of Nepal and also from other countries especially India. About 15000 patients of the entire range of corneal disorders and infections are getting treatment each year.
It has facility of all varieties of ocular surface surgeries including Corneal transplantation . We have also eye bank in our Institute.
LEI have good facility for microbiological investigation with well equipped lab and well trained manpower.
Long term Corneal and External Diseases fellowship training programme has been started . It has a plan to start DMEK, DSEK, Other Lamellar and Refractive surgeries in near future.
- Microbiology lab
- Corneal Topography
- Corneal ulcer
- Viral keratitis
- Dry eye
- Corneal perforation
- Chemical Injuries
Types of Surgery
- Pterygium excision with Graft
- Corneal perforation repair
- Gunderson flap (Partial and total)
- Keratoplasty (PKP, TPK,Tectonic and Cosmetic)
- Excisional Biopsy of cornea and Conjunctival tumor
- AMT (Amniotic Membrane Transplantation)